Introduction to Gear4music.com
Gear4music is the largest online retailer of musical equipment and instruments in UK. The founder and CEO of the gear4music Andrew Wass launched it in 2003 and now, the company is operating 20 websites in 15 languages and 9 currencies. From the fiscal year 2013 to 2019, the revenue generated by gear4music has grown from £12m to £118m. Gear4music sells its own-brand musical instruments including guitars, drum kits, pianos etc. Moreover, it also sells popular brands including Yamaha, Fender and Roland. The customers from beginners to professionals can take equal advantage of the company.
Gear4music provides its customers with an affordable range of musical instruments. The wider range of languages and currencies makes it easily accessible by the customers both online and from the gear4music showrooms. The own-brand product range of gear4music includes 3,200 products.
The wide range of quality products, customer satisfaction, broader functionality and dedicated team members are constantly working to improve the system with new features and functions building customers trust and satisfaction and enhancing the quality of gear4music products.
Gear4music also offers great deals and coupons which can be availed while purchasing from gear4music. These deals include free shipping, 40 to 60% off, $50 off and many more. These deals and coupons make gear4music a beloved company and it reaches to the higher levels of success and customer satisfaction.
History of Gear4music
The history of gear4music started in 1995 when its founder and CEO Andrew Wass, who was initially a sound recording engineer, started to provide the educational establishments with sound recording systems based on personal computers. In 2003, Gear4music limited was officially launched and generated a handsome revenue of £0.65m by selling the musical instruments, particularly guitars, at lower prices than traditional sellers on the gear4music website. Gear4music continued to grow and in 2012, a private equity investor key capital partners invested £3.4m, which helped in the funding of ecommerce and the company expanded to Europe. Further, it launched country-specific websites for 18 countries including France, Portugal, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ireland, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Norway, Finland, Switzerland, Poland and Slovenia.
In November 2013, gear4music shifted to a new location at Clifton Moor, York. This added a significant storage and distribution capacity and after a short time, opened a showroom of 9000 ft2.
In June 2015, Gear4music generated £10.3m of gross proceeds and £9m of net proceeds by listing the group in the AIM of the London Stock Exchange. From this revenue, the key Capital Partners debt was repaid £4.6m and £4.4m of growth capital was left.
In 2016, gear4music opened up to a distribution center in Sweden, while in January 2017, it brought its in-house software development team in Manchester. In February, the German distribution center was opened and now, Gear4music has purchased its HQ in Holgate, York. Here, the group works with excellent facilities in a high-quality modern office. The entire hard work resulted in making gear4music the largest retailer of musical instruments in UK and the fastest growing music company in Europe. Gear4music has over 600,000 registered customers which make a great deal in placing it among the largest sellers of musical equipment and instruments.
Hot products at Gear4music
Gear4music sells its own-brand products, as well as it has good relationship with other musical instruments and equipment producing companies including Yamaha, Fender, Roland and many others. By the end of 2019, the list of products by gear4music included 51,500 products from approx. 880 different manufacturers. The hot products of gear4music are:
1. Archer: Violins, Double bass, Cellos, Violas
2. SubZero: Amps, Guitars, Mixers, Audio electronics, Speakers
3. Minster: Digital pianos
4. Redsub: Amps, Bass guitars, Pedals
5. Rosedale: Clarinets, Flutes, Piccolos, Oboes
6. Playlite: Lightweight instruments
7. WHD: Drum kits
8. Coppergate: Trombones, Trumpets, French horns, Tubas
9. Hartwood: Guitars, Accessories
The vouchers and deals offered by gear4music may be availed while shopping at gear4music for extra benefit and increased advantage for customers.
The delivery options, time-scales and prices are specific for each product at gear4music and are mentioned with the shopping basket. These time scales may vary according to the stock status and delivery service selected by the customer. The terms and conditions regarding delivery of musical instruments and equipment from gear4music are:
- Any incorrect products received by the customer must be reported to gear4music within 14 days of receiving. The incorrect product that has been accidentally delivered to the customer will be collected and replaced by the vendor at its own expense, but in case if customer fails to provide the incorrect product, the customer will be charged full cost of the item.
- If the customer receives product that has suffered damage during transit, it must be reported to the gear4music vendor within 14 days of receiving. The vendor holds responsibility of the product during transit and will collect and replace the product at its own expense. But if damage occurs after delivery, the vendor will not accept any liability. Furthermore, the customer must provide a sufficient proof that damage is attributed to vendor or courier service.
- If any damage to the product occurs within 180 days of delivery, the vendor from gear4music will collect the damaged product from the specified address and will deliver back at its own expense. After 180 days, the vendor will make small charge to customer towards collection and redelivery cost.
- The estimated delivery date that can be seen with the gear4music shopping basket is not guaranteed. It may take longer than estimated date to deliver the products in remote areas. The delivery dates will be revised through email or SMS from Gear4music team if in any case need to be.
- The delivery service option shall be selected by the customer from a wide variety of options offered by gear4music, depending upon the size and weight of ordered product/s.
- Delivery charges are displayed in the shopping basket and depend upon the size and weight of order. Remote area delivery charges may be higher than displayed in the basket, but it will be notified to the customer by gear4music team during check out process.
- The details for the ordered placed by credit cards or debit cards have to pass all of the security checks from gear4music and will offer an option to change the delivery address after the transaction has been made. The order will be cancelled if the address provided does not match the address of card holder.
- If the customer is not in at the time of delivery, the courier service leaves a card and tries to deliver the next day. If the customer does not intend to receive the order, he may contact the courier service to decide another delivery day.
What are the payment methods for musical instruments and equipment at gear4music?
Gear4music accepts online payments from Master Card, Visa, Maestro, AMEX and delta. Paypal, finance, bank transfer and 9 local currencies are also accepted. VATs are included unless stated.
What are the return and refund policies?
All of the purchases at gear4music have a standard 30 days money back guarantee and 2 years warranty. Money back guarantee period can be extended up to 180 days and warranty may be extended up to 6 years with additional charge at the time of purchase.
Can I book my own delivery date service?
The customers can select a delivery date of their own choice from the calendar given with the gear4music shopping basket. But this date is not guaranteed. The delivery in remote areas may also take longer.
Why is my order on hold?
The delay to contact the customer happens due to the process of verification when the gear4music team cannot automatically verify the information provided by the customer with the card company.
What happens if I place my order by telephone instead of online?
If the customer has already registered an online account, the order placement would be easy through telephone if he holds account number, but gear4music will deliver the order to the same address as that registered with the payment card the customer uses.